Hello St. James Baseball Families,
Please remember that there is a lot of emphasis on Social Distancing. We, as an association and the community clubs in our area, will take all the necessary precautions in providing a safe environment for your children to play in, as per the RTP document outline. We cannot do this without the parents’ help. Parents will need to help out the coaches/teams and take an active role in monitoring and maintaining the social distancing rules for everyone at the diamonds. Parents are also required to ensure their children have their own sterilized equipment and are healthy and hygienic when they come to play each baseball game or practice. Facilities will be supplied with sanitizing stations and/or equipment. Washrooms at facilities will only be open if volunteers are able to clean before and after games or practices.
Take time to review the Baseball Manitoba Document:
PHASE 2 – Return To Play – http://www.baseballmanitoba.ca/administration/registration/return-play-document
- Personal Health and Hygiene
- Anyone displaying ANY illness symptoms WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
- Anyone who has been in contact with anyone who is sick or not feeling well should consider not participating.
- Competitions must be conducted in groups of 50 or less, or in compliance with current public health orders.
- Competitions must be planned and implemented using proper Social Distancing (6 feet), except for brief exchanges.
- Umpires, Players and Coaches must disinfect equipment before and after each competition.
- No using saliva to moisten hands or fingers.
- No sharing of water bottles.
- No sharing of food of any kind.
- No spitting.
- No chewing gum.
- No sunflower seeds.
- No sharing of personal helmets.
- No sharing of catcher’s masks.
- No sharing of any other equipment.
- Ride Sharing to be discouraged whenever possible.
- All First Aid policies require reviewing and safeguards put in place for any required treatment including provision of PPE, social distancing, and personal safety for responders.
- All uniforms or clothing to be washed after each event.
- All participants to shower at the first opportunity after each event.
- No sharing of personal items like sunglasses, phones, wallets, etc.
- Assign a parent representative to be the Health and Safety Coordinator for each session and the entire season.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all people are Social Distancing
- Ensure equipment is not being shared
- Ensure baseballs and bases are disinfected after each session
- Ensure players disinfect hands between each half inning
- Ensure all participants have signed (online) a waiver to play baseball in 2020.
- No team huddles before, during or after the competition, unless executed with social distancing.
- All drills to be created and implemented ensuring social distancing requirements are met.
- Ensure Social distancing is practiced in the dugouts, on the field and in other waiting areas.
- Organized Competition is permitted.
- Ensure baseballs are sanitized before and after each competition.
- Bring your own water and hand sanitizer.
- Recommended to wear gloves and a mask.
- Limit the handling of baseballs, line up cards.
- Always ensure proper Social distancing (6ft) is followed.
- Ensure baseballs were sanitized by home team prior to the start of each competition.